Wednesday, August 6, 2014

World of Assumptions....

I don't know what to write...I think its because I haven't chosen a topic to write...So I don't have topic to write, but still I'm writing .... because to make my first post on this blog an interesting one, by finding some good topic to write. The point I would like to make it here is a very simple one but powerful " Every new decision I'm making here is to make my previous decisions right".


Our life has been designed by the decisions we made, either some of the decisions happened due to some accidental incidents or some of them happened due to the pre-planned or intelligent activities.

So a simple word called Decision is playing a very big role in our life...why can't we simply get trained to make only right decisions...?


Here I would like to recall few of my decisions..my father has always given me chance to make decision when I was at school, That means that he has always given me a choice to choose from multiple options, at intermediate stage, choosing Mathematics as major subject was decision made by me..which indirectly made me to commit myself to fight with circumstances,learn from it, and also developed a view on self respect. At the age of 15 years old majority of the decisions were made out of accident or impulse or by gathering some information through friends or relatives.


With the current circumstances in my life that decision has worked for me, which was chosen out of very less number of choices, with out any sort major future plan , within a very short span of time.



exactly after 9 years from my schooling, To take every major or a minor decision I'm taking so much time..is that means am I becoming slow in decision making ?, does it mean I have so many choices to make a decision?? I do understand that there is no perfect answer for this question but I can give enough reasoning why it's happening..to me. Its just because of the fact that now I got more reasons to think..then act.


In my view the word "decide" sounds very similar to the word "suicide". In every decision you kill other available options and choose one, you assume that its right, but forgetting the fact that the probability of happening that decision to be right or wrong is still 50%.If I recollect few phrases from my previous statement I think I can find some conclusion to this writing. Those wordings are " assume to be right". So every new decision we are making out of assumptions.We are making new assumptions to make our previous assumptions to be right, but every new set assumptions will born from another set of assumptions. Assumptions leading us to make decisions, decisions are making us to live our life, So indirectly we are living in a world of assumptions.


Lets find the relevant answer for "What is an assumption?" as per dictionary and as per my understanding I could able to find one of the most relevant definition for assumptions " Something taken for granted or accepted as true without proof"( assuming that its more relevant) which is having a very similar definition of MAYA.

So in directly we are living in a world of MAYA, where every thing is defined with respect to other, Individual value or definition of any thing in this MAYA doesn't exists as every thing has been defined by based on another assumption, for example male with respect to the female, right hand with respect to the left hand, north w.r.t south, poor w.r.t rich, This is defined by the Einstein as Theory of Relativity.



So my understanding is that most of our life we live with assumptions, that we are living by making assumed right or wrong decisions, but we are truly living our life here and there , now and then accidentally....







---My thoughts in words...Rakesh Varma Lakkarasu---

3 comments:

  1. Ah, you started it atlast :)

    I was reading 'War and Peace' (well, I still am - 400 pages left) and Tolstoy talks about something very similar to this - how we think of a set of yesterday's actions being a precursor of today's actions. There's little too much abt it for me to write it here - so, we'll talk.

    Neway, great start :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umesh Comments.....

    So, world of MAYA, huh!

    Lets talk abt 'every decision we make is to make our previous decision right'

    It is very true that decisions play a huge role in making us what we are. Its our decisions/choices that determines what kind of person we really are, far more than abilities. Its something like - i am capable of spitting on the road (i hav an ability of doing it or not doing it) but what i chose to do then determines what kind of person i actually am.


    You said: '...every time we make a decision we are killing all the other options, assuming that our decision is the right one, forgetting that what we chose does not necessarily be 100% right....'

    I jus wanna make a simple point:
    Are we really making 'every' decision based on some assumption? You decide to brush your teeth coz you know that it wud make them clean and fresh - you don do it based on any assumption coz u already 'know' it. I decide to start my bike after checking fuel level not by assuming that whatever is left will work for me for 100 KM!

    So, the decisions that we are making are based on what we already know or understand. You decided to go for MPC in +2 coz you thought it wud do good to your career not coz you assumed (took it granted without any proof) but because you have understood with your own limited resources in the world that it wud do good to you. You may have chosen to make a different decision if you were in a different time (say, 1800's) or in a different place (say, Afghanistan) under the same circumstances of what to do after tenth class. That is Theory of relativity - actions/decisions being dependent on space and time.

    Its true that everything in this world exists wrt something else but that doesn't mean that its existence doesn't have any proof - thats what it means when u say that your existence is MAYA. You exist wrt the state of non-existance of you at the same time and in the same space but that doesn't make your existence itself any less real.

    The bottom line is:
    Our decisions about something are actually dependent more on how much we know abt that something. We may never be able to know fully about anything but we make decision abt that something thinking that what we know is enough to make that decision.
    Eg: There's a fire. There are two decisions to be made. To touch it or not to. A child who doesn't know that fire is hot wouldn't mind to decide to touch. You or I wud be careful enuf to stay as far as possible from the fire. Here, the right decision is definitely not to touch (in this case, we are not doing any experiments of how does it feel to keep hands in the fire for 10 minutes!) and 'knowing' 'what wud happen if i touch the fire' helped me make my decision. If I had not known that, I wud have to assume what wud happen if i touch or dont touch the fire. Now, that assumption is again made based on what we know, however small it could be.

    So, it is essential to make everyone know as much as they can so that every decision made in the world by everybody would lead to the greater good of the world. For that to happen, everybody needs to know what actually leads to the better world. For that to happen, those who know should start making others know what leads to the better world.

    I understand this is very abstract as long as we dont know what we know is fully correct. It might seem like impossible to get to that stage. But I am jus gonna say one thing - I know quite a lot of things than what i knew when i was 10. And I know them fully well (Of course, i don know all the things fully well).







    --

    http://umeshyells.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete